Pulses are like soul for Indian food items, meals are incomplete without pulses. Pulses are most subtle and staple meal item. They are the best and most important supplement of proteins, vitamins, carbohydrates and minerals for all especially for vegetarians. Pulses are counted as a grain legume coming from leguminous family.
Find out many health benefits of pulses and several delicious pulses recipes with beautiful colorful images.
Types of Pulses:
- Dry cowpea, black-eyed pea, black eye bean
- Pigeon pea, Arhar
- Dry beans kidney Beans
- Mung Beans
- Dry peas like garden peas
- Bengal gram, Black gram
- Lentils like red lentils, green lentils and brown lentils
- Dry broad beans like bell beans
Importance of Pulses:
- Pulses fix the atmospheric nitrogen into the soil
- They increase and improve soil fertility.
- They prevent soil erosion.
- They are very good resource of nutrition.